Jay Brower, CPA, is a Partner of corporate and individual tax compliance and research services at Marks Paneth, LLP. He has more than 20 years of professional experience at the federal, state, and local levels.
Mr. Brower’s duties also include the development of tax planning and implementation strategies, as well as education and development of the firm’s professionals. Mr. Brower provides tax planning and compliance services to clients in the manufacturing, commercial fishing, telecommunications, professional services, retail, and transportation industries. Mr. Brower was recognized by the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants as one of the “40 Under 40: PICPA Members to Watch.” He is a frequent speaker on subjects concerning federal and state tax issues including electronic filing; the domestic production activities deduction; State and Local income taxes and ASC 740/Fin 48.
Widener University, Chester PA
Bachelor of Science, Major: Accounting
Masters of Science, Major: Taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Member, Tax Division
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Federal Tax Committee
- Member, State Tax Committee
- Member, Philadelphia Local & Legislative Tax Committee
- Member, Greater Philadelphia Executive Committee
- Past President, Greater Philadelphia Chapter
- Past Secretary, Greater Philadelphia Chapter
- Past Treasurer, Greater Philadelphia Chapter
- Past President and former Secretary and Treasurer of the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of the PICPA
LICENSED IN: Pennsylvania, New York